What its all about...

As a fan of table top Role Playing Games, and Video Games, not to mention anime I once had a web site that I devoted to creating conversions of the things I liked to a particular game system or another.

Well I'm back and its time to get back to posting and talking about the things I like with others.

Video Games: I will be trying to write reviews for games I play and may even work out conversions of games to table top RPG's for gamers to enjoy, or at least I will give a guiding hand rather than doing all the work myself. Unfortunately the only game system I own is an X-Box 360, and my computer which kind of limits what I can do. Unless some kind soul wants to buy me an X-Box One. :)

Table Top RPG's: I play a few different table top games along with my friends. Sometimes I will write about a game system I have read up on or tried out, and may write up a conversion for agame system. Game systems I typically play are - Hero System (Champions, Fantasy Hero); Star Wars (Fantasy Flight Version, Saga Edition); Savage Worlds, D&D (3.5 Edition, 5th Edition); Pathfinder, and possibly others in the future.

But I look forward to providing folks with some entertainment and to get some discussions going on things I may post (but please keep it civil).

Also please feel free to click on any ads that are on my blog here, doing so really helps me out.

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

X-Box 360 Free Game from "Games with Gold" - RED FACTION: GUERRILLA


Ok so its been a while since I played Red Faction Guerrilla.  I originally picked it up through Game Fly but never finished it.  I probably played about 10% of the game before moving on to another game at the time.

This week X-Box released the game for free as apart of their Games with Gold promotion.  Even though I still had the save file on my system I decided it best to just start the game fresh today.

After playing for several hours, I figured out why I probably switched out games.  Back when I played the game I wasn't really into open world games like Grand Theft Auto and such probably sent it back because of that.  But my tastes in games have grown since then.

The return to Red Faction is a return to a type of game that I've become used to playing.  Though the added bonus of being able to blow up or drive through anything is a nice touch.

For those who haven't played Red Faction Guerrilla, save up your scrap metal as much as you can.  You'll eventually get a great weapon, the Nano Rifle, which shoots nano-machine bullets that disintegrate people, vehicles, structures...nothing is safe though you have a limited bit of ammo that you need to work on upgrading it quickly for the rifle to be of any prolonged use.  And in case your wondering, that is about as far as I've gotten.

In all its like so many other games like it, a lot of mindless repetitive violence surrounding this mission or that.  Its not a great game, but decent for a free game.

And speaking of Game Fly, just put a game into the mail and hope to get one of the new releases.  But I guess we'll just have to wait and see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment