What its all about...

As a fan of table top Role Playing Games, and Video Games, not to mention anime I once had a web site that I devoted to creating conversions of the things I liked to a particular game system or another.

Well I'm back and its time to get back to posting and talking about the things I like with others.

Video Games: I will be trying to write reviews for games I play and may even work out conversions of games to table top RPG's for gamers to enjoy, or at least I will give a guiding hand rather than doing all the work myself. Unfortunately the only game system I own is an X-Box 360, and my computer which kind of limits what I can do. Unless some kind soul wants to buy me an X-Box One. :)

Table Top RPG's: I play a few different table top games along with my friends. Sometimes I will write about a game system I have read up on or tried out, and may write up a conversion for agame system. Game systems I typically play are - Hero System (Champions, Fantasy Hero); Star Wars (Fantasy Flight Version, Saga Edition); Savage Worlds, D&D (3.5 Edition, 5th Edition); Pathfinder, and possibly others in the future.

But I look forward to providing folks with some entertainment and to get some discussions going on things I may post (but please keep it civil).

Also please feel free to click on any ads that are on my blog here, doing so really helps me out.

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Game Day!

So today is Saturday and it is game day for my gaming group.  As I mentioned the other day, our adventures have taken us to Monster Island using the Hero System RPG rules.

But first here is how this particular adventure got started.

Jack-be-Nimble, (our speedster) is a collage student and he is TAing for a professor who happens to like toying with the boundaries of physics.  He was put there on purpose to keep an eye on her.  This professor had a tendency of blowing up things, inverting gravity in stairwells and hallways, and recently building a Nazi device from a book that would open a dimensional portal.

Why?  Because its for science, and she has the right to.  Well in building this device, creatures began to appear and suck out peoples life forces, in addition to ghostly Nazi soldiers appearing and doing the same.

This is the second time she has toyed with the fabric of nature and forced our heroes into action.  Well when we show up the Nazi SS commander that wrote the book the professor had been using to create these various things appears.  In no short time he starts to monologue and we get into position.  He is taken out of the fight inside of one turn.  After which we just had to deal with his minions and shut down the portal.

Well the portal wouldn't close and after some research it was learned that there was another portal on monster island and that it was more a bridge than a portal.  The city went into crisis mode upon learning this and the local super heroes (us) were invited to go to monster island and shut down the other portal.

So we go to monster island along with the professor, her other TA (Jack's alter ego refused to go...Jack on the other hand made sure his camera phone had enough space to take pictures).

We arrived at the base, got our gear and moved out.  We were attacked two times, easily defeating the small monsters we came across, but then we came across some lizard men fighting a super villian group called Viper.  We didn't ask too many questions and figured that if we did the lizard men a favor they might turn a blind eye to us later.  So we fought the Viper agents.

Jack, who has kind of been a star for antics this mission, singled out the female commander of the Viper force and began to harass her as she was well above average for a viper agent.  And by harass I do mean he made attempts to come on to her while stealing her weapons, or avoiding her attacks.  Least to say that by the time the battle was over this woman despised Jack - and Jack earned himself a Nemesis.

But we had to head back as one of our professor's hired body guards got injured.  So we took their armored vehicles (and what remained of ours), went back to the base, rested, resupplied and moved out the next day.

Things went easier but we soon came across markings of a tank being used in a battle with Slugmen (there is a super villian apparently called the Slug and is a nasty peice of work that can turn people into "slugmen").

Well we followed the treads back to where they came from and after hiding our rigs and soon were being shot at from three fixed positions near a hydro electric plant.  My character barely survived being hit by the 50 cal round while our other heavy took three rounds and got dropped.  Oh and the rounds were explosive too.  The guns weren't manned and it was up to Jack, who was too fast for the guns, to disable them.  Our martial artist made it to the power station, while the other heavy had to play catch-up as he was on guard duty.

My character woke up from being shot first, as the damage that put him out wasn't too high, unlike the other character (Valnovas).  The martial artist, joined by Augment, and me after I managed to get to cover, kicked in the door and through the breaker switch...not in any order he just grabbed the biggest most important looking one and through it, and took a hit of electricity for his trouble.

However he have found our Nazi base, and now have a back door entrance into the base as well.  And this is where our adventure will start today.

So stay tuned for more on our adventure, because its always a good day to beat up Nazi scum in the Hero System.

-----

DESTINY

A brief update, if you are looking to find Xur today, the exotic item trader, he is across from the Speaker fo the Traveler's tower, in front of the big set of doors there.  The to have item in his list is a pistol apparently, but alas I don't have the coin to get it.


Enjoy your day everyone and I'll chat with you all later.


No comments:

Post a Comment