What its all about...

As a fan of table top Role Playing Games, and Video Games, not to mention anime I once had a web site that I devoted to creating conversions of the things I liked to a particular game system or another.

Well I'm back and its time to get back to posting and talking about the things I like with others.

Video Games: I will be trying to write reviews for games I play and may even work out conversions of games to table top RPG's for gamers to enjoy, or at least I will give a guiding hand rather than doing all the work myself. Unfortunately the only game system I own is an X-Box 360, and my computer which kind of limits what I can do. Unless some kind soul wants to buy me an X-Box One. :)

Table Top RPG's: I play a few different table top games along with my friends. Sometimes I will write about a game system I have read up on or tried out, and may write up a conversion for agame system. Game systems I typically play are - Hero System (Champions, Fantasy Hero); Star Wars (Fantasy Flight Version, Saga Edition); Savage Worlds, D&D (3.5 Edition, 5th Edition); Pathfinder, and possibly others in the future.

But I look forward to providing folks with some entertainment and to get some discussions going on things I may post (but please keep it civil).

Also please feel free to click on any ads that are on my blog here, doing so really helps me out.

Monday, November 17, 2014

Game Day Wrap Up

Alright, so I didn't get to writing anything on our game this past Saturday using the Hero System in our Champions game setting.

So what transpired?

We entered our secret tunnel that we came across.  AS we had guessed it wasn't going to be that easy.  Turrets popped down and started to shoot us, and jets of fire started to heat the room up too.  This was all easy to deal with, with some clever tricks to disable the traps.  We then forced upon our hydrolic doors that had locked us in the hallway.  We found ourselves in a maintenance bay with a single occupant.  The female mechanic in there was on the phone and was quite brazen in how she spoke to us, as if not fully understanding just how strong we were.

After subduing her we moved into the very large machine shop where they were not only working with machines for making armor plating, but were mining a mystic metal alloy from in there.  We were soon set upon by Nazi robots, which were quite deadly shots, but we learned that if knocked down they start to experience some difficulties, and if knocked down too much they explode.

Once we figured out their weakness they were easy to deal with.  It turned out that the robots were built with the mystic metal, but ran on a spinning wheel mechanism that disliked being thrown off balance.  But with the robots out of the way we advanced on with no opposition.  We soon found another woman who was in charged of the base.  She said that the leader (implied to be Hitler) was willing to talk terms of their surrender.  We followed her to what was Hitler's brain in a jar.

She then trapped most of us in the room and released a dust that allowed her to turn into a werewolf with out a full moon being present, in addition to a nerve gas.  She then made the mistake of latching on to Valnovas, whom could easily take her attacks.  Of course the rest of the team started to beat on her, and I kept her entangled making the fight quite easy.  Our one companion who didn't enter the room managed to disable the door so we could open it.

Jack wanted to take Hitler's brain as a souvenir, and thus dragged the thing out of the room.  we looked around more and found the device that had opened the portal and our professor managed to shut it down with ease.  We also learned that we had set off explosives in the base and that the dead brain in a jar (not Hitler's brain) was rigged to blow too.  As we escaped the bunker we heard a distant explosion were the tank we were expecting was ran over our anti-tank mine.  What bothered us was the unusual roar that came after that.

And that is where we left off until next game day.

------------

So in my next post I'm going to chat about character creation in the Hero System a bit more for anyone who's on the fence about trying the system out.

And on a different front, I scheduled a time to go in for a computer evaluation to work for the TSA.  Not exactly a job I want as I am tired of doing security work of any sort...but I got bills to pay and mouths to feed and there ain't nothing in this world for free.

So wish me good luck this Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment