What its all about...

As a fan of table top Role Playing Games, and Video Games, not to mention anime I once had a web site that I devoted to creating conversions of the things I liked to a particular game system or another.

Well I'm back and its time to get back to posting and talking about the things I like with others.

Video Games: I will be trying to write reviews for games I play and may even work out conversions of games to table top RPG's for gamers to enjoy, or at least I will give a guiding hand rather than doing all the work myself. Unfortunately the only game system I own is an X-Box 360, and my computer which kind of limits what I can do. Unless some kind soul wants to buy me an X-Box One. :)

Table Top RPG's: I play a few different table top games along with my friends. Sometimes I will write about a game system I have read up on or tried out, and may write up a conversion for agame system. Game systems I typically play are - Hero System (Champions, Fantasy Hero); Star Wars (Fantasy Flight Version, Saga Edition); Savage Worlds, D&D (3.5 Edition, 5th Edition); Pathfinder, and possibly others in the future.

But I look forward to providing folks with some entertainment and to get some discussions going on things I may post (but please keep it civil).

Also please feel free to click on any ads that are on my blog here, doing so really helps me out.

Monday, December 22, 2014

Dragon Ball Z - Battle of Z Continued

Normally I like DBZ games, and this one started off well enough.  But once you get to Cell the difficulty ups on you suddenly.  Before in the past battles you could get by with just upgrading one character and occasionally giving an upgrade to one of the others.  Cell however is quick to show you that your going to need as much help and luck as you can get.  Even with Goku maxed out with +30/+35 upgrades Cell slaps you and your allies around like little children.  This would have been fine if it was story related because that is what happened in the anime.

Least to say that this is something I hate in games, where the difficulty just suddenly and inexplicably increases to make something nearly impossible to pass unless you spend a long time grinding your characters up to meet the challenge.  It also doesn't help that the commands you can issue to your allies are really not that helpful...in that they don't seem to work at all.  Gohan, who can heal, doesn't do it often enough or heals everyone else and allows your character to just lay there and die.

So with that I'm going to do is send it back to Gamefly and get the next one on my list.

Would I recomend this game?
Thats a hard question to answer.  There are some people who like a challenge and this game does offer that up.  But frankly I like my games with more story of an actual story.  So if your a bigger fan of DBZ than I am, then by all means pickup the game.  Other wise your better off just renting it through Gamefly and seeing if you like it or not.

But Christmas is only a few days away and with it will come a new game hopefully.  On the job front...still nothing though I did have one interview that went ok, but I'm likely not the right guy for the job since I don't have a schedule that allows me to be open to work any shift at the drop of a dime.  But its the holidays and its likely that no one will be doing any hiring until after the holidays.  So here's to hoping that come the new year things work out better.

No comments:

Post a Comment