What its all about...

As a fan of table top Role Playing Games, and Video Games, not to mention anime I once had a web site that I devoted to creating conversions of the things I liked to a particular game system or another.

Well I'm back and its time to get back to posting and talking about the things I like with others.

Video Games: I will be trying to write reviews for games I play and may even work out conversions of games to table top RPG's for gamers to enjoy, or at least I will give a guiding hand rather than doing all the work myself. Unfortunately the only game system I own is an X-Box 360, and my computer which kind of limits what I can do. Unless some kind soul wants to buy me an X-Box One. :)

Table Top RPG's: I play a few different table top games along with my friends. Sometimes I will write about a game system I have read up on or tried out, and may write up a conversion for agame system. Game systems I typically play are - Hero System (Champions, Fantasy Hero); Star Wars (Fantasy Flight Version, Saga Edition); Savage Worlds, D&D (3.5 Edition, 5th Edition); Pathfinder, and possibly others in the future.

But I look forward to providing folks with some entertainment and to get some discussions going on things I may post (but please keep it civil).

Also please feel free to click on any ads that are on my blog here, doing so really helps me out.

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Blah Blah - No job - Blah Blah Blah - The Amazing Spider-man 2 Video Game

So its been a few days since I last made an entry.  Things aren't looking hot on the job search front.  I've applied to places but no one is interested or bothering to respond to me.  Well there's only so much I can do I suppose.

As for games I beat Far Cry 4.  I chose to side with Sabal, but let Amita escape rather than kill her.  But when I checked in on Sabal he was executing people who had sided with Amita in front of the kid they made a child-god...sorry I cannot remember her name.  But I already disliked Amita and Sabal and decided to end Sabal's reign of terror before it could get anywhere.  Its just too bad that there was no prompt to intervene sooner.

Another thing that bugged me about the game was that you should have had options to influence the two to change how they act at the end of the game.  Or maybe the option to take command of the Golden Path over the two.  But what can you do about it?

So I moved on to the next game I have from GAMEFLY:  The Amazing Spider-man 2. 


Now I've played nearly every Spider-man game that has been made...except for Spider-man 3 (the movie tie in game).

So the game has issues as anyone who has already played it knows.  Your notoriety drops with an unexpected quickness in the game, often regardless of how quickly you try to do the side missions that improve on it.  Web-slinging is not like it is in many of the other Spider-man games.  Its not better.  In past games you held a button to just keep swinging, or the controls were just more intuitive.  But in this game, not so much.  They make you pull a trigger for each web-line you shoot for the left or the right hand as you swing. There's no targeting with a lock on, and combat tries to mimic the Batman games but fails quite well at that.

The game is playable, but it lacks the fun that a game like "Web of Shadows" had.

Hopefully Activision will loose the rights to all Marvel games now that Disney owns them.  The company has lacked the ability to craft a decent game in some time.

So yeah, graphics are crap, gameplay is crap, story is ok.  Its definitely a game you rent and not buy.  I wounder just how is it that Activision is still in business when they keep creating bombs like this.

Well I started it, gotta finish it now, then get the next game in my Q which hopefully won't stink like this game does.

No comments:

Post a Comment