What its all about...

As a fan of table top Role Playing Games, and Video Games, not to mention anime I once had a web site that I devoted to creating conversions of the things I liked to a particular game system or another.

Well I'm back and its time to get back to posting and talking about the things I like with others.

Video Games: I will be trying to write reviews for games I play and may even work out conversions of games to table top RPG's for gamers to enjoy, or at least I will give a guiding hand rather than doing all the work myself. Unfortunately the only game system I own is an X-Box 360, and my computer which kind of limits what I can do. Unless some kind soul wants to buy me an X-Box One. :)

Table Top RPG's: I play a few different table top games along with my friends. Sometimes I will write about a game system I have read up on or tried out, and may write up a conversion for agame system. Game systems I typically play are - Hero System (Champions, Fantasy Hero); Star Wars (Fantasy Flight Version, Saga Edition); Savage Worlds, D&D (3.5 Edition, 5th Edition); Pathfinder, and possibly others in the future.

But I look forward to providing folks with some entertainment and to get some discussions going on things I may post (but please keep it civil).

Also please feel free to click on any ads that are on my blog here, doing so really helps me out.

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

A Return to Destiny

So I haven't played Destiny in quite a few weeks, and now there is the new DLC for it:

The expansion adds some new missions and additional content like new/improved armor and weapons.  But I didn't get too much into it.  Last night I joined a Fireteam for the first time to take on the Vault of glass.


This was challenging since they updated and patched the raid.  Getting in was a troublesome matter.  I am level 27, Titan (Defender).  Everyone else was level 29.

So it was a tough fight for me but I did well and held my own.  Once we got in it wasn't too difficult.  Our first hiccup after getting in was the Gorgans.


So we wasted a bit of time taking down one of them but then got caught by another.  Once past them we came to the jumping challenge of the level.


This was a pain to get through too, but not that difficult.  The pain came if you got across and fell, then you had to start all over again just to get across.

Then finally we reached the central chamber.  Luckily the other players knew what they were doing for the initial part of the thing.  Activate the teleporters, rush in and take out the one enemy inside.  Then you come out, and face the raid boss - Atheon.


This is where we had issues.  So we were doing well, but teams getting ported were running into trouble and getting KO'ed.  Then there's the suicidal minions that Atheon summons.

Now my armor was up to the task, but my weapon's I felt were lacking.  I had a bunch of new stuff that hasn't been leveled much.  Regardless of this we were consistently getting him to about half his health before things go south on us.  We gave up when it got to around 12:45am (west coast time).


Now I will say that this was alot of fun...but it did get me into trouble with the wife.  I forgot to dry the cloths...which included her work cloths.  Its not the first time this past week I've forgotten to dry the cloths and frankly I feel like crap for it.


I've been applying for jobs, but not hearing anything back, or just getting an e-mail saying that I don't meet their qualifications.  The problem I think I'm seeing is the fact that I've been doing private security work for over 16 years.  No one wants to give you a chance at this point.  Yes this does allow me to spend more time with my kids...but my wife just doesn't make enough money right now for us to live off of one income.  Thus I need a part time job just working 4hrs a week, Monday-Friday in the evenings (5pm to 11pm or somewhere in that time range).

Least to say nothing is panning out and I'm panicking, which probably isn't a great help with me remembering things on a consistent basis.  I'm loosing hope fast and feel defeated.

I'm going to try and find some time to talk more about table top games later, maybe doing a walk through on doing a conversion for anyone interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment