What its all about...

As a fan of table top Role Playing Games, and Video Games, not to mention anime I once had a web site that I devoted to creating conversions of the things I liked to a particular game system or another.

Well I'm back and its time to get back to posting and talking about the things I like with others.

Video Games: I will be trying to write reviews for games I play and may even work out conversions of games to table top RPG's for gamers to enjoy, or at least I will give a guiding hand rather than doing all the work myself. Unfortunately the only game system I own is an X-Box 360, and my computer which kind of limits what I can do. Unless some kind soul wants to buy me an X-Box One. :)

Table Top RPG's: I play a few different table top games along with my friends. Sometimes I will write about a game system I have read up on or tried out, and may write up a conversion for agame system. Game systems I typically play are - Hero System (Champions, Fantasy Hero); Star Wars (Fantasy Flight Version, Saga Edition); Savage Worlds, D&D (3.5 Edition, 5th Edition); Pathfinder, and possibly others in the future.

But I look forward to providing folks with some entertainment and to get some discussions going on things I may post (but please keep it civil).

Also please feel free to click on any ads that are on my blog here, doing so really helps me out.

Friday, December 11, 2015

Homebrew Game System - Yep I'm still working on it.

Hi folks, so I'm back again with more work on my home brew game system.  It's been a while and I've been working hard on trying to make things work.  And its not an easy process, especially when your working solo on it.  Now obviously the system I'm building is initially meant for a Dragon Ball type setting...but that doesn't mean that I won't adapt it for other things later.

So the last time I talked about this I showed off one of the character races I wrote up.  I think this time I'll show off something else.



Now keep in mind that everything related to this project in terms of game mechanics are my own intellectual property (2015) and no one has my permission to use or copy this work.  Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball Super, and Dragon Ball GT - all their characters, settings, names are of course owned by their respective creators/owners and my work at the moment involving the use of the setting from Dragon  Ball is UNOFFICIAL and a fan creation.


So this time I'll post some stuff I have on Skills.



=======================================================================

Skills make up what a character can and cannot do, or how well or how badly they will do at a task is all determined by their skills.  Rolls are made vs. a difficulty score.  If a roll succeeds then the skills use succeeds, while if failed the skills use fails.  Often how well one succeeds or fails can have additional effects.  Additionally some scores that are rolled with the dice can determine if there are additional benefits that are generated or not.

Difficulties are based on either an opposed action or a set difficulty based on circumstances.

ROLL     TYPE            
5               Easy
10             Simple
15             Average
20             Tough
30             Difficult
40+           Impossible

The GM will determine what difficulty is appropriate for the situation.  For example, driving a car would be an Easy roll for most normal people.  However if a person were attempting to figure out how the hover system worked for a high tech car they would be looking at an Impossible type roll as a normal person has no hope of figuring that out due to the advanced technology involved in it.

Skills rolls have a dice pool based their governing attribute.  The pool for a normal person will typically be 1 to 3 dice, however those with super human qualities, or who have dedicated themselves developing their capabilities will have well more than this, with a limit of about 10 dice.  These dice can be a mix of 1d4’s, 1d6’s, 1d8’s, 1d10’s, and 1d12’s.  A character will generally have “X” number of free Skill Levels at character creation that they may spend to improve their various skills dice by one step, per die.

On top of being able to upgrade the die type the character can also choose to Specialize in aspects of each skill.

Specialization grants a static bonus to die rolls.  The degree of specialization can be upgraded as well.  No character gets free specializations, but they are limited in the number of levels they can have, which is equal to the governing Attribute score.

Specializations can all be used without putting points into them as they are normal uses of that skill, it’s just that you can choose to specialize in one, or all uses of that skill.

Upgrading dice must be done in succession, while specialization bonuses all stack.

========================================================================

Obviously I'm not going to post too much on what I've got going.  Right now I'm trying to figure out just how to do powers.  I don't want to have powers be too complex and difficult to use, but by the same token I don't want them to be too simple to use.  So this is the crux of my dilemma at the moment, but given some time I'll get it figured out.


No comments:

Post a Comment